The Boomi Background Check Integration process will attempt to send a BGC request to the council’s CBC vendor for all Adult Giving records where the “Membership Status” field set to “Background Check” and the Sync Me field is checked.
SAME Information with screenshots can be found here.
If the request is successfully sent to the CBC vendor the following steps occur:
- “Sync Me” field on the giving record will be unchecked and the CBC vendor will send the volunteer an email inviting them to complete the CBC process.
- The BGC record will be created in Volunteer Systems AFTER the volunteer successfully submits the CBC application on the vendor’s portal.
- The CBC vendor will send the final adjudication to Volunteer Systems and the BGC record will be automatically updated. The Membership Status on the Giving record will change from “Background Check” to the next appropriate status in the work flow.
Possible reasons why BGC record didn’t get created:
- If the contact record or giving record associated with the request is deleted, an error will occur and the BGC record will not be created/updated. Councils are reminded to wait until AFTER the background check screening process has been completed before deleting records or performing a Duplicate Merge. If either the contact or giving record associated with the background check request is deleted, the integration will fail and the council will have to create/update the background check record manually.
- If the volunteer didn’t use the link in the vendor’s email invitation to complete their background check application, the results will NOT be sent to Volunteer Systems. The council will have to create/update the background check record manually.
- During the registration & renewal process our adult volunteers can select which “roles/jobs” they are interested in. If they select one that requires a background check, and there isn’t a valid background check record associated with their contact record, the system will trigger an order request be sent to the CBC vendor. There is a way for the volunteer to select a new role/job mid-year (meaning after they’ve purchased their membership). This will still trigger an order request if needed. BUT if the council manually adds the new role/job for the volunteer, then the workflow to send the order request isn’t triggered. The council will have to create/update the background check record manually.
- Critical information is missing from the Contact and/or Giving record. If there is an error sending the request to the CBC vendor, an email is sent to the council designated “Boomi error email” address and the “Sync Me” field on the Giving record is unchecked. This prevents repeated attempts to send the request. Each email will have an attachment containing the details of the error. Once the appropriate corrections are made the council can then re-initiate the request by “checking” the Sync Me field. An error can occur due to issues with either the Contact record or Giving record. The most common are:
Contact Record issues:
- Invalid or missing date of birth on Contact record. The values are pulled from the fields in the “Additional Information” section on the contact record. Corrections must be made to these fields – not the “Birthdate” field in the Demographics section.
Once corrections are made & saved to those individual fields, the “Birthdate” field in the Demographics section will automatically be updated to reflect the changes.
- Missing address on Contact record. Addressing information is obtained from the contact’s Address record. This can be seen in the “Addresses” list towards the bottom of the contact record. At least one must be marked as the “Preferred Mailing”. Use the “edit” link to the left of the address record to make appropriate changes. If the address is missing it must be created via the “Manage Addresses” button.
This addressing information is also displayed in the “Address Information” section of the contact record (closer to the top of the record). All edits must be made via the “Manage Addresses” button and not directly to the fields in the Address Information section.