Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) announced a National Board-approved increase in its membership fee from $15 to $25 effective for the 2018 membership year (beginning October 1, 2017). This upcoming increase supports GSUSA’s enhancements to girls’ program experiences in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), entrepreneurship, the outdoors and life skills, as well as research, and continued investment and development of, new technology platforms. It's important to note that 100% of the $25 membership fee stays with GSUSA.
In partnership with our Board of Directors and Delegates, Girl Scouts of Tropical Florida (GSTF) will not increase our girl council service fee. The $15 per girl council service fee, enables GSTF to continue to provide outstanding volunteer support and girl programming to all of our members as the entire council service fee remains with GSTF.
The GSTF girl council service fee proceeds are used to:
- develop and run programs,
- innovate to keep pace with girls' interests and lifestyle choices,
- bridge the gap between the program fees charged and actual program cost,
- provide comprehensive volunteer training,
- upgrade our technology to provide volunteer time-saving tools like the Volunteer Toolkit.
The annual cost for Girl Scout membership for the 2018 membership year, which opens for Spring Renewal and new registrations on April 21, is $40 per girl and $25 per adult member.